Parental Sponsorship Requirements:

 Sponsorship is a big commitment, so you must take this obligation seriously

  • Applicants for permanent residence must go through medical, criminal and background checks. 

  • An applicant with a criminal record or pose a risk to Canada's security may not be allowed to enter Canada.

  • An applicant may have to provide a certificate from police authorities in the home country.

  • Meet certain income requirements to sponsor a spouse, parent or grandparent to become a permanent resident of Canada, and promise to support that person and their dependents financially. 

  • If you have previously sponsored relatives who later turned to the Canadian government for financial assistance, you may not be allowed to sponsor another person. 

  • You, as a sponsor and the sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your relative if necessary. 

  •  Person becoming a permanent resident must agree to make every effort to support themselves. 

  • You must promise to provide financial support for the relative and any other eligible relatives accompanying them for a period of three to ten years, depending on their age and relationship to you.

***This time period begins on the date they become a permanent resident.

 *** Dependent children under age 19 do not have to sign this agreement

For details about processing Fees and Processing Times,

Please submit the Assessment Form or Contact Us !

© 2020 VCAN Immigration solutions 


Phone: +1-905-230-3111

Whatsapp : +1-647-885-2712

10 Gillingham Drive, Suite 203, Brampton, Ontario, L6X 5A5, Canada


Mon - Fri: 9am - 7pm

​​Saturday: 10am - 6pm

​Sunday: Closed


  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram